§ 28A‑19‑19.  Claims for equitable distribution.

(a) The provisions of G.S. 28A‑19‑5 and G.S. 28A‑19‑7 shall not apply to claims for equitable distribution.

(b) The personal representative may enter into an agreement, in writing, with a claimant providing for distribution of marital or divisible property, or both, in a manner deemed by the personal representative and the claimant to be equitable. The agreement shall be filed in the clerk's office where the letters were granted and shall be a lawful voucher for the personal representative. The same may be impeached in any proceeding against the personal representative for fraud therein.

(c) Unless the claim for equitable distribution has been referred as provided in G.S. 28A‑19‑15, the claimant may at anytime, subject to the provisions of G.S. 28A‑19‑16, file an action with the district court for distribution of marital or divisible property in accordance with the provisions of G.S. 50‑20. (2003‑168, s. 3.)