§ 28A‑17‑11.  Personal representative may lease or mortgage.

In lieu of asking for an order of sale of real property, the personal representative may request the clerk of superior court to issue to the personal representative an order to lease or to mortgage real property of the decedent. The clerk of superior court is authorized to issue an order to lease or mortgage on such terms as the clerk deems to be in the best interest of the estate. (1913, c. 49, s. 1; C.S., s.75; 1927, c. 222, s. 1; 1973, c. 1329, s. 3; 2011‑344, s. 4.)