23-19. Superior court appoints; copy of sentence to be produced.

The application must be made to the superior court of the county where the debtor was convicted, and upon producing a copy of the sentence of such debtor, duly certified by the clerk of the court, together with an affidavit of the applicant that such debtor is actually imprisoned under such sentence, and is indebted in any sum, the clerk or the judge may immediately appoint a trustee of the estate of such debtor. (1868-9, c. 162, ss. 41, 42; Code, s. 2975; Rev., s. 1944; C.S., s. 1627.)