§ 20-280.6. Background checks.
(a) Prior to permitting an individual to act as a TNC driver, the transportation network company must do all of the following:
(1) Require the individual to submit an application to the transportation network company, including, at a minimum, the following:
c. Drivers license number.
d. Driving history.
e. Motor vehicle registration.
f. Automobile liability insurance information.
(2) Conduct, or have a third party conduct, a local and national criminal background check for each applicant, including, at a minimum, the following:
a. Multi-State/Multi-Jurisdiction Criminal Records Locator or other similar commercial nationwide database with validation (primary source search).
b. National Sex Offender Registry.
(3) Review, or have a third party review, a driving history research report for such individual.
(b) The transportation network company must confirm that every TNC driver continues to meet all the requirements of this section every five years starting from the date the TNC driver met all the requirements of this section.
(c) The transportation network company must not permit an individual to act as a TNC driver if any of the following apply:
(1) Has had more than three moving violations in the prior three-year period or one major violation in the prior three-year period, including attempting to evade the police, reckless driving, or driving on a suspended or revoked license.
(2) Has been convicted within the past seven years of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, fraud, sexual offenses, use of a motor vehicle to commit a felony, or a crime involving property damage, theft, acts of violence, or acts of terror.
(3) Is a match in the National Sex Offender Registry.
(4) Does not possess a valid drivers license.
(5) Does not possess proof of registration for the motor vehicle to be used to provide TNC services.
(6) Does not possess proof of automobile liability insurance for the motor vehicle to be used to provide TNC services.
(7) Is not at least 19 years of age.
(d) This section does not apply to brokering transportation network companies. (2015-237, s. 1.)