§ 1F-2. Definitions.
The following definitions apply in this Chapter:
(1) Foreign jurisdiction. - A state other than North Carolina.
(2) Foreign subpoena. - A subpoena issued under authority of a court of record of a foreign jurisdiction.
(3) Person. - An individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, limited liability company, association, joint venture, public corporation, government, or governmental subdivision, agency, or instrumentality, or any other legal or commercial entity.
(4) State. - A state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands, a federally recognized Indian tribe, or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
(5) Subpoena. - A document, however denominated, issued under authority of a court of record requiring a person to:
a. Attend and give testimony at a deposition, either oral or upon written questions;
b. Produce and permit inspection and copying of designated books, documents, records, electronically stored information, or tangible things in the possession, custody, or control of the person; or
c. Permit inspection of premises under the control of the person. (2011-247, s. 1.)