§ 18C-112. Qualifications of Commissioners.
(a) Of the members of the Commission appointed by the Governor, at least one member shall have a minimum of five years' experience in law enforcement. Notwithstanding subsection (e) of this section, a member serving in this slot may be an elected law enforcement official.
(b) Of the members appointed by the General Assembly upon the recommendation of the President Pro Tempore of the Senate, one member shall be a certified public accountant.
(c) Of the members of the Commission appointed by the General Assembly upon the recommendation of the Speaker of the House of Representatives, one member shall have retail sales experience as an owner or manager.
(d) In making appointments to the Commission, the appointing authorities shall consider the composition of the State with regard to geographic representation and gender, ethnic, racial, and age composition.
(e) If any member takes any of the following actions, the member vacates office as a member of the Commission and the vacancy shall be filled as provided by G.S. 18C-111(c):
(1) Files a notice of candidacy under G.S. 163A-972 through 163A-978 or a petition under G.S. 163A-980.
(2) Is nominated to fill a vacancy among party nominees under G.S. 163A-987 or G.S. 163A-988.
(3) Files a petition as an unaffiliated candidate under G.S. 163A-1005.
(4) Files a declaration of intent as a write-in candidate under G.S. 163A-1006.
(5) Is nominated by party convention under G.S. 163A-953. (2005-344, s. 1; 2005-276, s. 31.1(e); 2011-145, s. 6.18; 2011-391, s. 10; 2017-3, s. 1; 2017-6, s. 3; 2017-206, s. 8.)