North Carolina Justice Academy.
§ 17D-1. Definitions.
As used in this Chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "Academy" means the North Carolina Justice Academy.
(2) "Academy property" means property that is owned or leased in whole or in part by the State of North Carolina and which is subject to the general management and control of the Department of Justice and is located in Salemburg, North Carolina, or at any other locations within the State which are dedicated to the use of the North Carolina Justice Academy subsequent to this Chapter being enacted.
(3) "The Commission" means the North Carolina Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards Commission.
(4) "Criminal justice agencies" means the State and local law enforcement agencies, the State and local police traffic service agencies, the State correctional agencies, the jails and other correctional agencies maintained by local governments, the courts of the State and the juvenile justice agencies.
(5) "Criminal justice personnel" means any person who serves or assists any State or local agency engaged in crime prevention, crime reduction, crime investigation, training or educating of persons employed by criminal justice agencies, or enforcement of the criminal law; or any person employed by a criminal justice agency.
(6) "Department" means the Department of Justice. (1973, c. 749; 1977, c. 831, s. 1; 1979, c. 763, s. 2; 1997-456, s. 27.)