North Carolina Criminal Justice Fellows Program.
§ 17C-20. Definitions.
As used in this Article, the following definitions apply:
(1) Commission. - The North Carolina Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards Commission.
(2) Committee. - The North Carolina Criminal Justice Fellows Committee.
(3) Community college. - As defined in G.S. 115D-2(2).
(4) Division. - The Criminal Justice Standards Division of the North Carolina Department of Justice.
(5) Eligible county. - A county with a population of less than 75,000 according to the latest federal decennial census.
(6) Eligible criminal justice professions. - State and local sworn law enforcement officers, State correctional officers, other correctional officers maintained by local governments and juvenile justice agencies, sworn sheriffs and deputy sheriffs, detention officers, and telecommunicators under the direct supervision of a law enforcement agency.
(7) Program. - The North Carolina Criminal Justice Fellows Program.
(8) Recipient. - An individual selected by the Committee to receive a forgivable loan under the Program. (2018-5, s. 17.1(b).)