§ 166A-26. Regional Response Team Advisory Committee.
(a) The Regional Response Team Advisory Committee is created. The Secretary shall appoint the members of the Committee and shall designate the chair. In making appointments, the Secretary shall take into consideration the expertise of the appointees in the management of hazardous materials emergencies. The Secretary shall appoint one representative from:
(1) The Division of Emergency Management;
(2) The North Carolina Highway Patrol;
(3) The State Fire and Rescue Commission of the Department of Insurance;
(4) The Department of Environmental Quality;
(5) The Department of Transportation;
(6) The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services;
(7) The Chemical Industry Council of North Carolina;
(8) The N.C. Association of Hazardous Materials Responders;
(9) Each regional response team;
(10) The State Bureau of Investigation.
In addition to the persons listed above, the Secretary shall appoint to the Advisory Committee three persons designated jointly by the North Carolina Fire Chiefs Association and the North Carolina State Firefighters' Association.
(b) The Advisory Committee shall meet on the call of the chair, or at the request of the Secretary; provided that the Committee shall meet no less than once every three months. The Department of Public Safety shall provide space for the Advisory Committee to meet. The Department also shall provide the Advisory Committee with necessary support staff and supplies to enable the Committee to carry out its duties in an effective manner.
(c) Members of the Advisory Committee shall serve without pay, but shall receive travel allowance, lodging, subsistence, and per diem as provided by G.S. 138-5.
(d) The Regional Response Team Advisory Committee shall advise the Secretary on the establishment of the program for regional response to hazardous materials emergencies in the State. The Committee shall also evaluate and advise the Secretary of the need for additional regional response teams to serve the State. (1993 (Reg. Sess., 1994), c. 769, s. 22.4(b); 1997-261, s. 108; 1997-443, s. 11A.123; 2002-179, s. 21(g); 2011-145, s. 19.1(g); 2015-241, s. 14.30(u); 2016-51, s. 6.)