§ 166A-19.75. Emergency management personnel.
(a) Limitation. - No person shall be employed or associated in any capacity in any emergency management agency established under this Article if that person does or has done any of the following:
(1) Advocates or has advocated a change by force or violence in the constitutional form of the Government of the United States or in this State.
(2) Advocates or has advocated the overthrow of any government in the United States by force or violence.
(3) Has been convicted of any subversive act against the United States.
(4) Is under indictment or information charging any subversive act against the United States.
(5) Has ever been a member of the Communist Party.
(b) Repealed by Session Laws 2022-58, s. 16, effective July 8, 2022.
(c) No Violation of Dual Office Holding Prohibition. - No position created by or pursuant to this Article shall be deemed an office within the meaning of Section 9 of Article 6 of the North Carolina Constitution. (1951, c. 1016, s. 10; 1975, c. 734, ss. 14, 16; 1977, c. 848, s. 2; 1979, 2nd Sess., c. 1310, s. 2; 1995, c. 509, s. 129; 2012-12, s. 1(b); 2022-58, s. 16.)