166A-19.71. Accept services, gifts, grants, and loans.

Whenever the federal government or any agency or officer thereof or of any person, firm, or corporation shall offer to the State, or through the State to any political subdivision thereof, services, equipment, supplies, materials, or funds by way of gift, grant, or loan, for emergency management purposes, the State acting through the Governor, or such political subdivision, acting with the consent of the Governor and through its governing body, may accept such offer. Upon such acceptance the Governor of the State or governing body of such political subdivision may authorize any officer of the State or of the political subdivision, as the case may be, to receive such services, equipment, supplies, materials, or funds on behalf of the State or of such political subdivision, and subject to the terms of the offer and the rules and regulations, if any, of the agency making the offer. (1951, c. 1016, s. 8; 1973, c. 803, s. 45; 1975, c. 19, s. 72; c. 734, ss. 13, 14; 1977, c. 848, s. 2; 1979, 2nd Sess., c. 1310, s. 2; 2012-12, s. 1(b).)