§ 164-13. Duties; use of funds.
(a) It shall be the duty of the Commission:
(1) To advise and cooperate with the Legislative Services Office in the work of continuous statute research and correction for which the Legislative Services Office is made responsible by G.S. 120-36.21(2).
(2) To advise and cooperate with the Legislative Services Office in the preparation and issuance of supplements to the General Statutes pursuant to G.S. 120-36.21(1).
(3) To make a continuing study of all matters involved in the preparation and publication of modern codes of law.
(4) To recommend to the General Assembly the enactment of such substantive changes in the law as the Commission may deem advisable.
(5) To receive and consider proposed changes in the law recommended by the American Law Institute, by the National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws or by other learned bodies.
(b) Funds made available to the Commission by appropriation of the General Assembly, by allotment from the Contingency and Emergency Fund, or otherwise, may be used to employ the services of persons especially qualified to assist in the work of the Commission and for necessary clerical assistance. (1945, c. 157; 1951, c. 761; 1957, c. 1405; 1969, c. 541, s. 3; 1971, c. 1093, s. 7; 1981, c. 599, s. 20; 2011-97, s. 6.)