162-3. Sheriff may resign.

Every sheriff may vacate his office by resigning the same to the board of county commissioners of his county; and thereupon the board may proceed to elect another sheriff. (1777, c. 118, s. 1, P.R.; 1808, c. 752, P.R.; R.C., c. 105, s. 15; Code, s. 2077; Rev., s. 2810; C.S., s. 3927.)