153A-60. Initiation of alterations by resolution.

The board of commissioners shall initiate any alteration in the structure of the board by adopting a resolution. The resolution shall:

(1) Briefly but completely describe the proposed alterations;

(2) Prescribe the manner of transition from the existing structure to the altered structure;

(3) Define the electoral districts, if any, and apportion the members among the districts;

(4) Call a special referendum on the question of adoption of the alterations. The referendum shall be held and conducted by the county board of elections. The referendum may be held only on a date permitted by G.S. 163-287.

Upon its adoption, the resolution shall be published in full. (1927, c. 91, s. 4; 1969, c. 717, s. 1; 1973, c. 822, s. 1; 1977, c. 382; 2013-381, s. 10.23; 2017-6, s. 3; 2018-146, ss. 3.1(a), (b), 6.1.)