Annuities and Deferred Compensation for Teachers and State Employees.
§ 147-9.2. Definitions.
The following words when used in this Article shall have the meanings ascribed to them in this section except when the context clearly indicates a different meaning:
(1) "Board" shall mean the Board of Trustees of the North Carolina Public Employee Deferred Compensation Plan established pursuant to Chapter 433 of the 1971 Session Laws and G.S. 143B-426.24.
(1a) "Chief executive officer" shall mean the person or group of persons responsible for the administration of any employer, or an agent of such chief executive officer duly authorized to enter into the contracts with teachers or State employees referred to in G.S. 147-9.3 and 147-9.4.
(2) "Employee" shall mean a permanent employee of the State of North Carolina, or of any of its departments or agencies, or of any of its wholly owned institutions and instrumentalities.
(3) "Employer" shall mean (i) the State of North Carolina, its departments and agencies, and its wholly owned institutions and instrumentalities or (ii) a local board of education.
(4) "Plan" shall mean the North Carolina Public Employee Deferred Compensation Plan.
(5) "Teacher" shall have the meaning provided in G.S. 135-1(25). (1971, c. 433, s. 1; 1983, c. 559, s. 2; 1991, c. 389, s. 1.)