Divestment From Companies Boycotting Israel.
§ 147-86.80. Definitions.
The following definitions apply in this Article:
(1) Boycott Israel or boycott of Israel. - Engaging in refusals to deal, terminating business activities, or taking actions that are intended to penalize, inflict economic harm, or otherwise limit commercial relations specifically with Israel, or persons or entities doing business in Israel or in Israeli-controlled territories. This term does not apply to decisions made for ordinary business purposes or for actions with an economic impact of less than twenty million dollars ($20,000,000) in a 12-month period.
(2) Company. - Any sole proprietorship, organization, association, corporation, partnership, joint venture, limited partnership, limited liability partnership, limited liability company, or other entity or business association, including all wholly owned subsidiaries, majority-owned subsidiaries, parent companies, or affiliates of those entities or business associations.
(3) Investment. - This term has the same meaning as G.S. 147-86.57(3).
(4) Restricted company. - A company that appears on the list of companies that are engaged in a boycott of Israel developed by the State Treasurer under G.S. 147-86.81(a)(1).
(5) State agency. - Any board, commission, department, executive department, officer, institution, and any political subdivision of the State. (2017-193, s. 1.1.)