§ 143C-8-3. Capital improvement needs criteria.
(a) Criteria. - The Office of State Budget and Management shall develop a weighted list of factors that may be used to evaluate the need for capital improvement projects. The list shall include all of the following:
(1) Preservation, adequacy and use of existing facilities.
(2) Health and safety considerations.
(3) Operational efficiencies.
(4) Projected demand for governmental services.
(b) Reporting. - The Office of State Budget and Management shall include the following in each six-year capital improvement plan submitted to the General Assembly pursuant to G.S. 143C-8-5:
(1) The list of factors developed pursuant to subsection (a) of this section.
(2) The most recent results of applying the factors developed pursuant to subsection (a) of this section to capital funds requests from State agencies. (1997-443, s. 34.9; 2000-140, s. 93.1(a); 2001-424, s. 12.2(b); 2006-203, s. 3; 2016-94, s. 37.7(j).)