Part 14. North Carolina Arts Council.
§ 143B-87. North Carolina Arts Council - creation, powers and duties.
There is hereby created the North Carolina Arts Council with the following duties and functions:
(1) To advise the Secretary of Natural and Cultural Resources on the study, collection, maintenance and dissemination of factual data and pertinent information relative to the arts;
(2) To advise the Secretary concerning assistance to local organizations and the community at large in the area of the arts;
(3) To advise the Secretary on the exchange of information, promotion of programs and stimulation of joint endeavor between public and nonpublic organizations;
(4) To identify research needs in the arts area and to encourage such research;
(5) To advise the Secretary in regard to bringing the highest obtainable quality in the arts to the State and promoting the maximum opportunity for the people to experience and enjoy those arts;
(6) To advise the Secretary of the Department upon any matter the Secretary may refer to it; and
(7) To advise the Secretary concerning the promotion of theater arts in the State. (1973, c. 476, s. 77; 1985 (Reg. Sess., 1986), c. 1028, s. 14; 2015-241, s. 14.30(t).)