Part 10. Executive Mansion Fine Arts Committee.
§ 143B-79. Executive Mansion Fine Arts Committee - creation, powers and duties.
There is hereby created the Executive Mansion Fine Arts Committee. The Executive Mansion Fine Arts Committee shall have the following functions and duties:
(1) To advise the Secretary of Natural and Cultural Resources on the preservation and maintenance of the Executive Mansion located at 200 North Blount Street, Raleigh, North Carolina;
(2) To encourage gifts and objects of art, furniture and articles of historical value for furnishing the Executive Mansion, and advise the Secretary of Natural and Cultural Resources on major changes in the furnishings of the Mansion;
(3) To make recommendations to the Secretary of Natural and Cultural Resources concerning major renovations necessary to preserve and maintain the structure;
(4) To aid the Secretary of Natural and Cultural Resources in keeping a complete list of all gifts and articles received together with their history and value;
(5) No gifts or articles shall be accepted for the Executive Mansion without the approval of the Committee; and
(6) The Committee shall advise the Secretary of Natural and Cultural Resources upon any matter the Secretary may refer to it.
(7) The Committee may dispose of property held in the Executive Mansion after consultation with a review committee comprised of one person from the Executive Mansion Fine Arts Committee, appointed by its chairman; one person from the Department of Administration appointed by the Secretary of Administration; and two qualified professionals from the Department of Natural and Cultural Resources, Division of Archives and History, appointed by the Secretary of Natural and Cultural Resources. Upon request of the Executive Mansion Fine Arts Committee, the review committee shall view proposed items for disposition and shall make a recommendation to the North Carolina Historical Commission who shall make a final decision. The Historical Commission shall consider whether the disposition is in the best interest of the State of North Carolina. If any property is sold, the net proceeds of each sale and any interest earned thereon shall be deposited in the State Treasury to the credit of the Executive Mansion, Special Fund, and shall be used only for the purchase, conservation, restoration, or repair of other property for use in the Executive Mansion. (1973, c. 476, s. 65; 1983, c. 632, s. 1; 1987, c. 251; 2013-360, s. 19.8(a); 2015-241, s. 14.30(s), (t); 2017-57, s. 14.3(e).)