§ 143B-53. Organization of the Department.
(a) The Department of Cultural Resources shall be organized initially to include the Art Commission, the Art Museum Building Commission, the North Carolina Historical Commission, the Tryon Palace Commission, the U.S.S. North Carolina Battleship Commission, the Executive Mansion Fine Arts Committee, the North Carolina Awards Committee, the North Carolina Arts Council, the Public Librarian Certification Commission, the State Library Commission, the North Carolina Symphony Society, Inc., and the Division of the State Library, the Division of Archives and History, the Division of the Arts, and such other divisions as may be established under the provisions of the Executive Organization Act of 1973.
(b) The Department of Natural and Cultural Resources shall include the currently existing entities listed in subsection (a) of this section and the following additional entities:
(1) The Parks and Recreation Division.
(2) The State Parks System, including Mount Mitchell State Park.
(3) The North Carolina Aquariums Division.
(4) The North Carolina Zoological Park.
(5) The Museum of Natural Sciences.
(6) The Clean Water Management Trust Fund.
(7) The Natural Heritage Program.
(6) North Carolina Parks and Recreation Authority.
(7) North Carolina Trails Committee.
(8) North Carolina Zoological Park Council.
(9) Advisory Commission for North Carolina State Museum of Natural Sciences. (1973, c. 476, s. 33; 1981, c. 918, s. 1; 2006-66, s. 22.22(e); 2006-221, s. 23; 2012-120, s. 1(d); 2015-184, s. 7; 2015-241, s. 14.30(ggg).)