Part 8. Sedimentation Control Commission.
§ 143B-298. Sedimentation Control Commission - creation; powers and duties.
There is hereby created the Sedimentation Control Commission of the Department of Environmental Quality with the power and duty to develop and administer a sedimentation control program as herein provided.
The Sedimentation Control Commission has the following powers and duties:
(1) In cooperation with the Secretary of the Department of Transportation and Highway Safety and other appropriate State and federal agencies, develop, promulgate, publicize, and administer a comprehensive State erosion and sedimentation control program.
(2) Develop and adopt on or before July 1, 1974, rules and regulations for the control of erosion and sedimentation pursuant to G.S. 113A-54.
(3) Conduct public hearings pursuant to G.S. 113A-54.
(4) Assist local governments in developing erosion and sedimentation control programs pursuant to G.S. 113A-60.
(5) Assist and encourage other State agencies in developing erosion and sedimentation control programs pursuant to G.S. 113A-56.
(6) Develop recommended methods of control of sedimentation and prepare and make available for distribution publications and other materials dealing with sedimentation control techniques pursuant to G.S. 113A-54. (1973, c. 1262, s. 39; 1977, c. 771, s. 4; 1989, c. 727, s. 218(137); 1997-443, s. 11A.119(a); 2015-241, s. 14.30(u).)