§ 143B-168.13. Implementation of program; duties of Department and Secretary.
(a) The Department shall:
(1) Repealed by Session Laws 1998-212, s. 12.37B(a), effective October 30, 1998.
(1a) Develop and conduct a statewide needs and resource assessment every third year, beginning in the 1997-98 fiscal year. This needs assessment shall be conducted in cooperation with the North Carolina Partnership and with the local partnerships. This needs assessment shall include a statewide assessment of capital needs. The data and findings of this needs assessment shall form the basis for annual program plans developed by local partnerships and approved by the North Carolina Partnership.
(2) Recodified as (a)(1a) by Session Laws 1998-212, s. 12.37B(a).
(2a) Repealed by Session Laws 1998-212, s. 12.37B(l), effective October 30, 1998.
(3) Provide technical and administrative assitance to local partnerships, particularly during the first year after they are selected under this Part to receive State funds. The Department, at any time, may authorize the North Carolina Partnership or a governmental or public entity to do the contracting for one or more local partnerships. After a local partnership's first year, the Department may allow the partnership to contract for itself.
(4) Adopt, in cooperation with the North Carolina Partnership, any rules necessary to implement this Part, including rules to ensure that State leave policy is not applied to the North Carolina Partnership and the local partnerships. In order to allow local partnerships to focus on the development of long-range plans in their initial year of funding, the Department may adopt rules that limit the categories of direct services for young children and their families for which funds are made available during the initial year.
(5) Repealed by Session Laws 1996, Second Extra Session, c. 18, s. 24.29(c).
(6) Annually update its funding formula, in collaboration with the North Carolina Partnership for Children, Inc., using the most recent data available. These amounts shall serve as the basis for determining "full funding" amounts for each local partnership.
(b) Repealed by Session Laws 1998-212, s. 12.37B(a), effective October 30, 1998. (1993 (Reg. Sess., 1994), c. 766, s. 1; 1996, 2nd Ex. Sess., c. 18, s. 24.29(c); 1997-443, s. 11.55(m); 1998-212, s. 12.37B(a), (b); 2000-67, s. 11.28(b); 2002-126, s. 10.55(e).)