§ 143-151.5. Prohibited acts.
(a) No person shall:
(1) Manufacture for sale, lease, sell, offer for sale or lease, or introduce or deliver, or import into the United States, any manufactured home that is manufactured on or after the effective date of any applicable manufactured home construction and safety standard under the Act or this Article and that does not comply with the standard, except as provided in subsections (b), (c), and (d) of this section.
(2) Fail or refuse to permit access to or copying of records, or fail to make reports or provide information, or fail or refuse to permit entry or inspection, as required under the Act or this Article.
(3) Fail to furnish notification of any defect as required by the Act or this Article.
(4) Fail to issue a label or issue a label if the person in the exercise of due care has reason to know that the label is false or misleading in a material respect.
(5) Fail to comply with a rule adopted or an order issued by the Commissioner under this Article.
(6) Issue a certification pursuant to G.S. 143-148 if the person in the exercise of due care has reason to know that the certification is false or misleading in a material respect.
(b) (1) Subdivision (a)(1) of this section does not apply to the sale, the offer for sale, or the introduction or delivery of any manufactured home after the first purchase of it in good faith for purposes other than resale.
(2) Subdivision (a)(1) of this section does not apply to any person who establishes that he did not have reason to know in the exercise of due care that the manufactured home was not in conformity with applicable manufactured home construction and safety standards.
(c) Subdivision (a)(1) of this section shall not apply to any person who, before the first purchase, holds a certificate of compliance issued by the manufacturer or importer of the manufactured home to the effect that the manufactured home conforms to all applicable manufactured home construction and safety standards, unless the person knows that the manufactured home does not so conform. (1979, c. 558, s. 4; 1985, c. 487, s. 7; 1987, c. 429, ss. 16, 19; 1999-393, s. 2.)