The following definitions apply in this Article:
(1) Repealed by Session Laws 2009-509, s. 3.3, effective October 1, 2013. See note.
(2) Board. - The North Carolina Home Inspector Licensure Board.
(3) Compensation. - A fee or anything else of value.
(4) Home inspection. - A written evaluation of two or more of the following components of a residential building: heating system, cooling system, plumbing system, electrical system, structural components, foundation, roof, masonry structure, exterior and interior components, or any other related residential housing component.
(5) Home inspector. - An individual who engages in the business of performing home inspections for compensation.