§ 142-90. Variable rate demand bonds and notes and financing contract indebtedness.
(a) In fixing the details of special indebtedness, the State Treasurer may make the special indebtedness subject to any of the following conditions:
(1) It is payable from time to time on demand or tender for purchase by the owner thereof if a credit facility supports the special indebtedness, unless the State Treasurer specifically determines that a credit facility is not required upon a determination by the State Treasurer that the absence of a credit facility will not materially and adversely affect the financial position of the State or the marketing of the bonds or notes or financing contract indebtedness at a reasonable interest cost to the State.
(2) It is additionally supported by a credit facility.
(3) It is subject to redemption or mandatory tender for purchase prior to maturity.
(4) It bears interest at a rate or rates that may be fixed or may vary over any period of time, as may be provided in the proceedings providing for the issuance or incurrence of the special indebtedness, including any variations that may be permitted pursuant to a par formula.
(5) It is the subject of a remarketing agreement under which an attempt is made to remarket special indebtedness to new purchasers before its presentment for payment to the provider of the credit facility or to the State.
(b) If the aggregate principal amount payable by the State under a credit facility is in excess of the aggregate principal amount of special indebtedness secured by the credit facility, whether as a result of the inclusion in the credit facility of a provision for the payment of interest for a limited period of time or the payment of a redemption premium or for any other reason, then the amount of authorized but unissued bonds or notes and financing contract indebtedness during the term of the credit facility shall not be less than the amount of the excess, unless the payment of the excess is otherwise provided for by agreement of the State executed by the State Treasurer. (2003-284, s. 46.2; 2003-314, s. 1; 2004-203, s. 79.)