The words and phrases defined in this section shall have the meanings indicated when used in this Article, unless the context clearly requires another meaning:
(1) "Authorized investments" means
a. Direct obligations of the United States government,
b. Obligations the principal of and the interest on which are guaranteed by the United States government,
c. Evidences of ownership of proportionate interests in future interest and principal payments on specified obligations described in a. and b. above, which obligations are held by a bank or trust company organized and existing under the laws of the United States of America or any state thereof in the capacity of custodian,
d. Obligations of state or local government municipal bond issuers, provision for the payment of the principal of and interest on which shall have been made by deposit with a trustee or escrow agent of obligations described in a., b. or c. above, the maturing principal of and interest on which, when due and payable, shall provide sufficient money with any other money held in trust for such purpose to pay the principal of, premium, if any, and interest on such obligations of state or local government municipal bond issuers, and which are rated in the highest rating by Standard & Poor's Corporation and Moody's Investors Service, Inc.,
e. Obligations of state or local government municipal bond issuers, the principal of and interest on which, when due and payable, have been insured by a bond insurance company which is rated in the highest rating category by Standard & Poor's Corporation and Moody's Investors Service, Inc.,
f. Full faith and credit obligations of state or local government bond issuers which are rated in the highest rating category by Standard & Poor's Corporation and Moody's Investors Service, Inc., and
g. Any obligations or investments in which the State Treasurer is authorized, at the time of such investment, to invest funds of the State.
(2) "Bond documentation" means any resolution, order, trust agreement, trust indenture or other document authorizing the issuance of and securing any outstanding obligations.
(3) "Bonds" means any bonds issued under the provisions of this Article.
(4) "Credit facility" means an agreement entered into by the State Treasurer on behalf of the State with a bank, savings and loan association or other banking institution, an insurance company, reinsurance company, surety company or other insurance institution, a corporation, investment banking firm or other investment institution, or any financial institution providing for prompt payment of all or any part of the principal (whether at maturity, presentment for purchase, redemption or acceleration), redemption premium, if any, and interest on any refunding obligations payable on demand or tender by the owner issued in accordance with this Article, in consideration of the State agreeing to repay the provider of such credit facility in accordance with terms and provisions of such agreement, provided, that any such agreement shall provide that the obligation of the State thereunder shall have only such sources of payment as are permitted for the payment of refunding obligations issued under this Article.
(5) "Notes" means any bond anticipation notes or notes issued under the provisions of this Article.
(6) "Outstanding obligations" means any outstanding bonds, bond anticipation notes or notes of the State, whether now outstanding or hereafter issued, the payment of the principal of and the interest on which are secured by a pledge of the full faith, credit and taxing power of the State and which may also be secured, as and to the extent provided in applicable bond documentation, by additional security.
(7) "Par formula" shall mean any provision or formula adopted by the State to provide for the adjustment, from time to time, of the interest rate or rates borne by any refunding obligations so that the purchase price of such refunding obligations in the open market would be as close to par as possible.
(8) "Refunding obligations" means any notes or bonds issued under the provisions of this Article. (1935, c. 445, s. 2; 1985 (Reg. Sess., 1986), c. 823, s. 1.)