Disposal of Surplus Property to Aid Other Countries.
§ 131E-250. Disposition of surplus property by public and State hospitals.
(a) As used in this section, "public hospital" has the same meaning as in G.S. 159-39. A State hospital is any hospital operated by the State.
(b) A public hospital or a State hospital may donate medical equipment it determines is no longer needed by the hospital to any of the following if the property so donated is to be used by a hospital or medical facility in another country:
(1) A corporation that is exempt from taxation under section 501(c) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986.
(2) The United States or any agency of it.
(3) The government of a foreign country or any political subdivision of that country.
(4) The United Nations or an agency of it.
(5) Other eleemosynary institutions and groups. (1993, c. 529, s. 7.6; 1995, c. 509, s. 73.)