§ 131D-10.5. Powers and duties of the Commission.
In addition to other powers and duties prescribed by law, the Commission shall exercise the following powers and duties:
(1) Adopt, amend and repeal rules consistent with the laws of this State and the laws and regulations of the federal government to implement the provisions and purposes of this Article.
(2) Issue declaratory rulings as may be needed to implement the provisions and purposes of this Article.
(3) Adopt rules governing procedures to appeal Department decisions pursuant to this Article granting, denying, suspending or revoking licenses.
(4) Adopt criteria for waiver of licensing rules adopted pursuant to this Article.
(5) Adopt rules on documenting the use of physical restraint in residential child-care facilities.
(6) Adopt rules establishing personnel and training requirements related to the use of physical restraints and time-out for staff employed in residential child-care facilities.
(7) Adopt rules establishing educational requirements, minimum age, relevant experience, and criminal record status for executive directors and staff employed by child placing agencies and residential child care facilities.
(8) Adopt any rules necessary for the expansion of foster care for individuals who have attained the age of 18 years and chosen to continue receiving foster care services to 21 years of age in accordance with G.S. 131D-10.2B. (1983, c. 637, s. 2; 2000-129, s. 2(a); 2007-30, s. 2; 2009-188, s. 2; 2015-241, s. 12C.9(f).)