§ 130A-222. Department to establish program.
(a) The Department shall establish and administer a program for the detection and prevention of arthritis and the care and treatment of persons with arthritis. The purpose of the program shall be:
(1) To improve professional education for physicians and allied health professionals including nurses, physical and occupational therapists and social workers;
(2) To conduct programs of public education and information;
(3) To provide detection and treatment programs and services for the at-risk population of this State;
(4) To utilize the services available at the State medical schools, existing arthritis rehabilitation centers and existing local arthritis clinics and agencies;
(5) To develop an arthritis outreach clinical system;
(6) To develop and train personnel at clinical facilities for diagnostic work-up, laboratory analysis and consultations with primary physicians regarding patient management; and
(7) To develop the epidemiologic studies to determine frequency and distribution of the disease.
(b) The Commission is authorized to adopt rules necessary to implement the program. (1979, c. 996, s. 2; 1983, c. 891, s. 2.)