§ 130A-220. Department to establish program.
(a) The Department shall establish and administer a program for the detection and prevention of chronic renal disease and the care and treatment of persons with chronic renal disease. The program may include:
(1) Development of services for the prevention of chronic renal disease;
(2) Development and expansion of services for the care and treatment of persons with chronic renal disease, including techniques which will have a lifesaving effect in the care and treatment of those persons;
(3) Provision of financial assistance on the basis of need for diagnosis and treatment of persons with chronic renal disease;
(4) Equipping dialysis and transplantation centers; and
(5) Development of an education program for physicians, hospitals, local health departments and the public concerning chronic renal disease.
(b) The Commission is authorized to adopt rules necessary to implement the program. (1971, c. 1027, s. 1; 1973, c. 476, s. 128; 1983, c. 891, s. 2.)