§ 130A-131.1. Council membership.
In making appointments, consideration shall be given to persons representing the following areas:
(1) Members of community agencies interested in sickle cell syndrome;
(2) State and local officials concerned with public health, social services and rehabilitation;
(3) Teachers and members of State and local school boards;
(4) Physicians in medical centers and physicians in community practice who are interested in sickle cell syndrome; [and]
(5) Persons or relatives of persons with sickle cell disease. (1973, c. 570, s. 2; 1987, c. 822, s. 3; 1989, c. 727, s. 179.)