§ 127A-163. Powers of Department specified.
The Department of Public Safety is further authorized and empowered:
(1) To act as an agency of the State of North Carolina for the purpose of setting up and administering any statewide plan for the acquisition of armories and armory sites, for the construction and maintenance of armories and for providing facilities which are now or may be necessary in order to comply with any federal law and in order to receive, administer and disburse any funds which may be provided by act of Congress for such purpose;
(2) When acting as an agency of the State of North Carolina under subdivision (1) of this section, to promulgate statewide plans for the acquisition of armories and armory sites, for the construction and maintenance of armories and other facilities that are desirable or necessary to meet the requirements and receive the benefits of any federal legislation with respect thereto;
(3) To receive and administer any funds which may be appropriated by any act of Congress or otherwise for the acquisition of armories and armory sites, for the construction and maintenance of armories, and for providing facilities that may at any time become available for those purposes;
(4) To receive and administer any other funds which may be available in furtherance of any activity in which the Department of Public Safety is authorized and empowered to engage under the provisions of this Article; and
(5) To adopt rules to carry out the intent and purpose of this Article. (1947, c. 1010, s. 5; 1973, c. 620, s. 9; 1975, c. 604, s. 2; 1977, c. 70, s. 2; 2011-145, s. 19.1(g); 2011-195, s. 1(a).)