§ 127A-161. Definitions.
As used in this Article, the following terms mean:
(1) Armory. - Any building or building complex and related facilities, including the lands for them, which are intended to be utilized by the militia for training, administration, storage, and the maintenance and servicing of equipment.
(2) Armory site. - That land, meeting federal and State specifications, upon which an armory may be constructed.
(3) Department. - The North Carolina Department of Public Safety.
(4) Facilities. - Those adjuncts to an armory, including but not limited to yards, storage buildings, sheds, ramps, racks, target ranges, furniture, fixtures and other equipment and installations.
(5) Funds. - Any monies appropriated by any municipality, county, the State or the United States government and made available for the purpose of acquiring armory sites or constructing or repairing any armory, warehouse, or other facility for the use of any unit or for any other purpose in connection with the housing, training, instruction or promotion of the interest of any unit.
(6) Municipality. - Any incorporated city, town or village.
(7) Unit. - Any organizational entity of the militia. (1947, c. 1010, s. 1; 1973, c. 620, s. 9; 1975, c. 604, s. 2; 1977, c. 70, s. 2; 2011-145, s. 19.1(g); 2011-195, s. 1(a).)