(a) For the protection of clients receiving treatment or habilitation in a 24-hour facility, it is unlawful for any individual who is not a developmentally disabled client in a facility:
(1) To assist, advise, or solicit, or to offer to assist, advise, or solicit a client of a facility to leave without authority;
(2) To transport or to offer to transport a client of a facility to or from any place without the facility's authority;
(3) To receive or to offer to receive a minor client of a facility into any place, structure, building, or conveyance for the purpose of engaging in any act that would constitute a sex offense, or to solicit a minor client of a facility to engage in any act that would constitute a sex offense;
(4) To hide an individual who has left a facility without authority; or
(5) To engage in, or offer to engage in an act with a client of a facility that would constitute a sex offense.
(b) Violation of this section is a Class 1 misdemeanor. (1899, c. 1, s. 53; Rev., s. 3694; C.S., s. 6171; 1963, c. 1184, ss. 1, 6; 1985, c. 589, s. 2; 1989, c. 625, s. 11; 1993, c. 539, s. 921; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 24, s. 14(c).)