§ 122C-27. Powers of the Secretary.
The Secretary shall have the power to do all of the following:
(1) Administer and enforce the provisions, rules, and decisions pursuant to this Article.
(2) Appoint hearing officers to conduct appeals under this Article.
(3) Prescribe by rule the contents of the application for licensure and renewal.
(4) Inspect facilities and records of each facility to be licensed under this Article under the rules and decisions pursuant to this Article.
(5) Issue a license upon a finding that the applicant and facility comply with the provisions of this Article and the rules of the Commission and the Secretary.
(6) Define by rule procedures for submission of periodic reports by facilities licensed under this Article.
(7) Grant, deny, suspend, or revoke a license under this Article.
(7a) Issue orders directing facilities not licensed under this Article that are providing services requiring a license under this Article to cease and desist from engaging in any act or practice in violation of the provisions of this Article.
(8) In accordance with rules of the Commission, make final agency decisions for appeals from the denial, suspension, or revocation of a license in accordance with G.S. 122C-24.
(9) In accordance with rules of the Commission, grant waiver for good cause of any rules implementing this Article that do not affect the health, safety, or welfare of individuals within a licensable facility. (1983, c. 718, s. 1; 1985, c. 589, s. 2; 2021-77, s. 7.1(c).)