§ 121-51. Definitions.
The following definitions apply in this Article:
(1) Address. - A description of the location of the lender as shown on a museum or archives repository's records that is sufficient for delivery by mail.
(2) Archives repository. - An archives repository shall have the same meaning as the term "North Carolina State Archives" as defined in G.S. 121-2(7).
(3) Loan. - The placement of property with a museum or archives repository that is not accompanied by a transfer of title of the property to the museum or archives repository and for which there is some record that the owner intended to retain title to the property. The term "loan" does not include transfers between museums, between archives repositories, or between museums and archives repositories unless the transferring institution specifically provides in writing that the transfer is a loan under this Article.
(4) Museum. - A museum shall include any museum or historic site administered by the Department of Natural and Cultural Resources, including the term "North Carolina Museum of History" as defined in G.S. 121-2(6).
(5) Property. - A tangible object under the care of a museum or archives repository that has intrinsic historic, artistic, scientific, educational, or cultural value.
(6) Valid claim. - A written notice of intent to preserve an interest in property on loan to a museum or archives repository, including all of the following:
a. A description of the property adequate to enable the museum or archives repository to identify the property.
b. Documentation sufficient to establish the claimant as owner of the property.
c. A statement attesting to the truth, to the best of the signer's knowledge, of all information included in or with the notice.
d. The signature, under penalty of perjury, of the claimant or a person authorized to act on behalf of the claimant. (2015-218, s. 2; 2015-241, s. 14.30(c).)