§ 121‑41.  Public recording of agreements.

(a) Except as provided in subsection (c) of this section, conservation agreements shall be recorded in the office of the Register of Deeds of the county or counties in which the subject land or improvement is located, in the same manner as deeds are now recorded.

(b) Releases or terminations of such agreements shall be recorded in the same waiver. Releases or terminations, or the recording entry, shall appropriately identify by date, parties, and book and pages of recording, the agreement which is the subject of the release or termination.

(c) A conservation agreement entered into for the purpose of enrolling real property in a voluntary agricultural district pursuant to G.S. 106‑737(4) is not required to be recorded unless such conservation agreement is irrevocable as provided pursuant to G.S. 106‑743.2. (1979, c. 747, s. 8; 2011‑219, s. 2.)