§ 120-262. Purpose and powers of the Committee.
(a) The Joint Legislative Oversight Committee on Capital Improvements shall have the power to do all of the following:
(1) Examine, on a continuing basis, capital improvements requested by, authorized for, and undertaken by or on behalf of State agencies.
(2) Have oversight over implementation of the six-year capital improvements plan developed pursuant to G.S. 143C-8-5.
(3) Make recommendations to the General Assembly on ways to improve the planning, financing, design, construction, and maintenance of State capital improvements.
(4) Make reports and recommendations to the General Assembly regarding which capital improvements requested by State agencies should be authorized and how they should be funded.
(5) Examine any other topic the Committee believes to be related to its purpose.
(b) As used in this section, the term "capital improvement" shall have the same meaning as in G.S. 143C-1-1. (2015-241, s. 31.16(a).)