§ 119-63.3. Definitions.
The following definitions apply in this Article:
(1) Association. - The North Carolina Propane Gas Association, Inc., a North Carolina nonprofit corporation.
(2) Commissioner. - The Commissioner of Agriculture or his or her designee.
(3) Dealer. - Any person who is registered with the Commissioner pursuant to G.S. 119-56 to engage in:
a. The business of selling or otherwise dealing in liquefied petroleum gases requiring handling, storing, measuring, transporting, or distributing liquefied petroleum gas; or
b. The business of installing, servicing, repairing, adjusting, connecting or disconnecting containers, equipment, or appliances using liquefied gas. A person who engages in any of the aforementioned activities only in connection with his or her employer's use of liquefied petroleum gas and not as a business shall not be deemed to be a "dealer" for the purposes of this Article.
Any person who retails liquefied petroleum gas in containers of less than 50 pounds water capacity and whose retail business does not involve the filling or transportation of such containers is not a "dealer" for purposes of this Article.
(4) Department. - The North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
(5) Distributor. - A person whose primary business involves the sale of liquefied petroleum gas to a dealer.
(6) Foundation. - North Carolina Propane Education & Research Foundation, a North Carolina nonprofit corporation that is tax exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
(7) Liquefied petroleum gas. - Any material which is composed predominantly of any of the following hydrocarbons or mixtures of the same: propane, propylene, butanes (normal butanes or isobutane), and butylenes.
(8) Person. - An individual, a partnership, a firm, or a corporation.
(9) Propane. - A liquefied petroleum gas. (2013-299, s. 1.)