§ 116-244. Duties of board of directors.
The Board of Directors of the Arboretum has the following duties and responsibilities:
(1) Development of the policies and procedures concerning the use of the land and facilities being developed as part of the Western North Carolina Arboretum, Inc.;
(2) Approval of plans for any buildings to be constructed on the facility;
(3) Maintenance and upkeep of buildings and all properties;
(4) Approval of permanent appointments to the staff of the Arboretum;
(5) Recommendations to The University of North Carolina System Office of candidates for Executive Director of the Arboretum;
(6) Recommendations to The University of North Carolina System Office for necessary termination of the Executive Director or other personnel of the Arboretum;
(7) Ensurance of appropriate liaison between the Arboretum and the U. S. Forest Service, the National Park Service, The North Carolina Arboretum Society, Inc., Bent Creek Institute, Inc., Centers for Environmental and Climatic Interaction, Inc., NOAA Cooperative Institute for Climate and Satellites, and other scientific and economic development agencies and organizations of interest to and involved in the work at the Arboretum;
(8) Development of various policies and directives, including the duties of the Executive Director, to be prepared jointly by the members of the Board of Directors and the Executive Director;
(9) Approval of annual expenditures and budget requests to be submitted to The University of North Carolina System Office.
The Board of Directors shall meet at least twice a year, and more frequently on the call of the Chair or at the request of at least 10 members of the Board. Meetings shall be held at the Arboretum, any campus of a constituent institution of The University of North Carolina, or at other public locations in support of the Arboretum mission and purposes. (1985 (Reg. Sess., 1986), c. 1014, s. 98; 2011-145, s. 9.15(c); 2018-12, s. 10.)