§ 116-239.13. Review of laboratory schools.
The Subcommittee on Laboratory Schools shall review and evaluate the educational effectiveness of the laboratory schools authorized under this Article for both public school students and students enrolled in educator preparation programs according to standards and protocols established by the Subcommittee. The Subcommittee shall report by November 15 of each year to the Joint Legislative Education Oversight Committee on the following:
(1) Information on public school student enrollment in each laboratory school, including student demographics.
(2) The public school student admissions process and the number of students enrolled under the following categories at each laboratory school:
a. Students who were previously assigned to a low-performing school.
b. Students who did not meet expected student growth in the school year prior to enrollment.
c. Siblings of an otherwise eligible student.
(3) Public school student achievement data, including school performance grades and student achievement scores and student growth, at each laboratory school.
(4) Public school student academic progress in each laboratory school as measured against the previous school year and against other schools located in the local school administrative unit and statewide.
(5) Information on the student outcomes for students who are enrolled in each educator preparation program who obtained clinical experience in school leadership and teaching in the laboratory schools, including the performance elements reported under G.S. 115C-269.35.
(6) Best practices resulting from laboratory school operations.
(7) Other information the Subcommittee considers appropriate. (2016-94, s. 11.6(a); 2017-117, s. 1; 2017-189, s. 6(i); 2018-5, s. 10.1(d).)