§ 116-209.71. (Repealed effective July 1, 2021) Transforming Principal Preparation Grant Program established; administration.
(a) Program Authorized. - The Authority shall award grants through the Transforming Principal Preparation Grant Program to eligible entities to support programs that develop well-prepared school leaders in accordance with the provisions of this Part. The Authority shall establish any necessary rules to administer the Program.
(b) Contract with a Nonprofit for Administration. - The Authority shall contract with a private, nonprofit corporation for the administration of the Program, including making recommendations to the Authority for the award of grants, as authorized by this Part. The nonprofit corporation contracting with the Authority shall meet at least the following requirements:
(1) The nonprofit corporation shall be a nonprofit corporation organized pursuant to Chapter 55A of the General Statutes and shall comply at all times with the provisions of section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
(2) The nonprofit corporation shall employ sufficient staff who have demonstrated a capacity for the development and implementation of grant selection criteria and a selection process to promote innovative school leader education programs, including:
a. Focus on school leader talent.
b. Expertise supporting judgments about grant renewal based on achievement of or substantial school leader progress toward measurable results in student achievement.
c. Expectation of creating positive experiences working with the educational community in North Carolina to establish the foundation for successfully administering the programs set forth in this section.
(3) The nonprofit corporation shall comply with the limitations on lobbying set forth in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
(4) No State officer or employee may serve on the board of the nonprofit corporation.
(5) The board of the nonprofit corporation shall meet at least quarterly at the call of its chair. (2018-5, s. 10A.4(b); 2018-145, s. 2(a); 2019-60, s. 1(a), (i).)