§ 116-209.52. Definitions.
The following definitions apply in this Part:
(1) Academic Year. - The annual enrollment period used by the Authority.
(2) Private Educational Institutions. - Any junior college, senior college or university which is operated and governed by private interests not under the control of the federal, State or any local government, which is located within and licensed by the State of North Carolina, which does not operate for profit, whose curriculum is primarily directed toward the awarding of associate, baccalaureate or graduate degrees, which agrees to the applicable administration and funding provisions of this Part.
(3) Proprietary School. - An educational institution that is (i) defined as a proprietary school in G.S. 115D-87(2), (ii) licensed by the State Board of Community Colleges, and (iii) listed by the North Carolina State Approving Agency for Veterans and Military Education as an approved proprietary school for purposes of this Part.
(4) State Educational Institutions. - Any of the constituent institutions of the University of North Carolina, or any community college operated under the provisions of Chapter 115D of the General Statutes of North Carolina.
(5) Student Loan. - A loan or loans made to eligible students or parents of students to aid in attaining an education beyond the high school level. (1975, c. 917, s. 4; 1977, c. 70, s. 2; c. 228, s. 1; 1987, c. 564, s. 24; 2008-94, s. 2; 2010-31, s. 17.3(b), (c); 2015-264, s. 66(a).)