§ 116-2. Definitions.
As used in this Article, unless the context clearly indicates a contrary intent:
(1) "Board" means the Board of Governors of the University of North Carolina.
(2) "Board of trustees" means the board of trustees of a constituent institution.
(3) "Chancellor" means the chancellor of a constituent institution.
(4) "Constituent institution" or "institution" means one of the 16 public institutions of higher education, to wit, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina State University at Raleigh, the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, the University of North Carolina at Asheville, the University of North Carolina at Wilmington, Appalachian State University, East Carolina University, Elizabeth City State University, Fayetteville State University, North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University, North Carolina Central University, North Carolina School of the Arts, redesignated effective August 1, 2008, as the "University of North Carolina School of the Arts," Pembroke State University, redesignated effective July 1, 1996, as the "University of North Carolina at Pembroke", Western Carolina University, and Winston-Salem State University, and the constituent high school, the North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics.
(5) "President" means the President of the University of North Carolina.
(6) "Vending facilities" has the same meaning as it does in G.S. 111-42(d), but also means any mechanical or electronic device dispensing items or something of value or entertainment or services for a fee, regardless of the method of activation, and regardless of the means of payment, whether by coin, currency, tokens, or other means. (1971, c. 1244, s. 1; 1983 (Reg. Sess., 1984), c. 1034, s. 171; 1995 (Reg. Sess., 1996), c. 603, s. 1; 2006-66, s. 9.11(a); 2006-203, s. 39; 2008-192, s. 1.)