§ 115C-270.1. Definitions.
As used in this Article, the following definitions shall apply:
(1) Administrator. - An administrator or supervisor who serves in general and program administrator roles, as classified by the State Board. Administrators shall include superintendents, assistant or associate superintendents, principals, assistant principals, or curriculum-instructional specialists.
(2) Professional educator. - An administrator, teacher, or student services personnel.
(3) Recognized educator preparation program or recognized EPP. - As defined in G.S. 115C-269.1(15).
(4) Student services personnel. - An individual providing specialized assistance to students, teachers, administrators, or the education program in general, as classified by the State Board. Student services personnel shall include individuals employed in school counseling, school social work, school psychology, audiology, speech-language pathology, and media coordination.
(5) Teacher. - An individual whose major responsibility is to either teach or directly supervise teaching, as classified by the State Board. (2017-189, s. 3(c).)