§ 115C-238.51. Application process.
(a) A local board of education and at least one local board of trustees shall jointly apply to establish a cooperative innovative high school program under this Part.
(b) The application shall contain at least the following information:
(1) A description of a program that implements the purposes in G.S. 115C-238.50.
(2) A statement of how the cooperative innovative high school relates to the Economic Vision Plan adopted for the economic development region in which the cooperative innovative high school is to be located.
(3) The facilities to be used by the cooperative innovative high school and the manner in which administrative services of the school are to be provided.
(4) A description of student academic and vocational achievement goals and the method of demonstrating that students have attained the skills and knowledge specified for those goals.
(5) A description of how the cooperative innovative high school will be operated, including budgeting, curriculum, transportation, and operating procedures.
(6) The process to be followed by the cooperative innovative high school to ensure parental involvement.
(7) The process by which students will be selected for and admitted to the cooperative innovative high school.
(8) A description of the funds that will be used and a proposed budget for the first five years of the implementation of the cooperative innovative high school. This description shall identify how the average daily membership (ADM) and full-time equivalent (FTE) students are counted. If additional funds are requested, a description of how those additional funds will be used shall be submitted. Additional funds may include the cooperative innovative high school allotment and tuition payments. For cooperative innovative high schools that have a community college as their partner institution of higher education, the proposed budget shall include the cost of including their students in calculations of budget full-time equivalent students for the North Carolina Community College System.
(9) The qualifications required for individuals employed in the cooperative innovative high school.
(10) The number of students to be served.
(11) A description of how the cooperative innovative high school's effectiveness in meeting the purposes in G.S. 115C-238.50 will be measured.
(c) The application shall be submitted to the State Board of Education and the applicable governing Board. If the partner institution of higher education is a private North Carolina college, the application shall be submitted solely to the State Board of Education.
(d), (e) Repealed by Session Laws 2012-142, s. 7.11(b), effective July 2, 2012. (2003-277, s. 2; 2005-276, s. 7.33(a); 2005-345, ss. 6(b), 6(c); 2011-145, s. 7.1A(j); 2012-142, s. 7.11(b).)