§ 114-2.5A. Report by the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit required annually.
By September 1 of each year, the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit of the Department of Justice shall file a written report about its activities with the Chairs of the Appropriations Subcommittees on Justice and Public Safety and Health and Human Services of the Senate and House of Representatives and with the Fiscal Research Division of the Legislative Services Office. This report may be combined with the report required by G.S. 1-617 and shall include the following information about the Unit's activities during the previous fiscal year:
(1) The number of matters reported to the Unit.
(2) The number of cases investigated.
(3) The number of criminal convictions and civil settlements.
(4) The total amount of funds recovered in each case.
(5) The allocation of recovered funds in each case to (i) the federal government; (ii) the State Medical Assistance Program; (iii) the Civil Penalty and Forfeiture Fund; (iv) the Department of Justice; and (v) other victims. (2010-31, s. 16.1.)