§ 113-201.1. Definitions.
As used in this Article:
(1) "Natural shellfish bed" means an area of public bottom where oysters, clams, scallops, mussels or other shellfish are found to be growing in sufficient quantities to be valuable to the public.
(2) "Riparian owner" means the holder(s) of the fee title to land that is bordered by waters of an arm of the sea or any other navigable body of water.
(3) "Shellfish" means oysters, clams, scallops, mussels or any other species of mollusks that the Marine Fisheries Commission determines suitable for cultivation, harvesting, and marketing from public grounds and private beds.
(4) "Single family unit" means the husband and wife and any unemancipated children in the household.
(5) "Water column" means the vertical extent of water, including the surface, above a designated area of submerged bottom land. (1983, c. 621, s. 3; 1987, c. 641, s. 15; 2015-241, s. 14.10C(a).)