§ 10B-7. Statement of personal qualification.
(a) The application for a notary commission shall include at least all of the following:
(1) The applicant's full legal name and the name to be used for commissioning, excluding nicknames.
(2) The applicant's date of birth.
(3) The mailing address for the applicant's residence, the street address for the applicant's residence, and the telephone number for the applicant's residence.
(4) The applicant's county of residence.
(5) The name of the applicant's employer, the street and mailing address for the applicant's employer, and telephone number for the applicant's employer.
(6) The applicant's last four digits of the applicant's social security number.
(7) The applicant's personal and business e-mail addresses.
(8) A declaration that the applicant is a citizen of the United States or proof of the applicant's legal residency in this country.
(9) A declaration that the applicant can speak, read, and writes in the English language.
(10) A complete listing of any issuances, denials, revocations, suspensions, restrictions, and resignations of a notarial commission, professional license, or public office involving the applicant in this or any other state or nation.
(11) A complete listing of any criminal convictions of the applicant, including any pleas of admission or nolo contendere, in this or any other state or nation.
(12) A complete listing of any civil findings or admissions of fault or liability regarding the applicant's activities as a notary, in this or any other state or nation.
(b) The information provided in an application that relates to subdivisions (2), (3), (6), and (7) of subsection (a) of this section shall be considered confidential information and shall not be subject to disclosure under Chapter 132 of the General Statutes. (2005-391, s. 4; 2006-59, s. 3.)