§ 10B-2. Purposes.
This Chapter shall be construed and applied to advance its underlying purposes, which are the following:
(1) To promote, serve, and protect the public interests.
(2) To simplify, clarify, and modernize the law governing notaries.
(3) To prevent fraud and forgery.
(4) To foster ethical conduct among notaries.
(5) To enhance interstate recognition of notarial acts.
(6) To integrate procedures for traditional paper and electronic notarial acts. (1991, c. 683, s. 2; 1998-228, s. 1; 2005-391, s. 4.)